Sunday, October 14, 2007

Gentrify this place please.

Amy's best friend lives in San Francisco and occasionally meets Pittsburghers there.
She always says "oh I vacation in Pittsburgh!" Which any native surely laughs at.

Im sure Dr. Stubna had already read the early edition of the Times by the time I picked up on this, but I thought I would share with all the glory that is "little Somalia."

Speaking of the kids, they all just fasted for like a month and now it is "Eid ul-Fitr." This basically means that the kids didnt eat during the day for the last month, to show their faith and to gain patience. When it is all over, they party hard and EXPECT all friends and family members to give them a dollar at the end. There are like 26 of these kids running around. I saw 2 at the gas station buying cookies. I figured I would cut out the middle man and bake them a cake instead!

Lawrenceville makes the NYT travel section

3 comments:

Burt Friggin' Hoovis said...

That's hilarious.

When I was in high school, me and my buddies used to buy dope from this Bartender in Lawrenceille. His name was Norb.

Norb lived in the apartment upstairs of this little shithole bar on Butler Street. He'd sell you a quarter pound of dope for $400 (the smallest amount that the'd deal in). We'd go over to his place, and norb would pull this brick out of his trash compacter where he had it hidden. He'd throw the shit on his kitchen table, saw a hunk off with a bread knife, weigh it out, bag it, and you'd be out the door in under 5 minutes.

High school was fun...thank friggin' God its over.

Matthew Ruscigno said...

Did you get the book I sent? How about the text message?

steevo said...

I didnt know who that text was from! yeah i have been reading that book in the taxi. ill send it back when im done!