Tuesday, October 05, 2010

CyclocrAwesome

Sat - up at 5am drive to and race charm city
Sun - race day 2 charm city drive home. 11pm arrival.
Mon - box bike up. fly to vegas
Fri - fly home at 7am
sat - amy's bro's wedding





Vegas.

Fly in Monday. Crash out at like 9pm their time.

Tues:
We are all sitting wide awake in a dark room at 5am.
We get on the shuttle to the dirt demo, running into friends along the way.
Get on a carbon hardtail 2x10 29" orbea. We all rode a ton. Stubna rode a 10 grand specialized for like 5 hours. Super fun morning.




I tried staying up late Tuesday night to get my body ready for crossvegas the next night. It starts at 9pm, which is midnight east coast time, and the time we all fell asleep the night before.

Wednesday.
Walked around a bit in the morning. Ran into famous people in the Campy booth.
Rode to the race venue from the strip. The Race Across America truck passed us and told us to motorpace off of them. Honestly a really good warm up for a race. The wheelers and dealers race looked fast. Rode some laps. Had my yuppie bike in full force (carbon tubulars and white tires!). Rode an OK race that I was happy with. We rode back to the venue, changed and went out for the night. No dinner and I watched the sun come up. Good times. Babik couldnt hang and called it a night at like 4:30.

I dont drink, so all I can really do in vegas is people watch. I found my way into a dance club and watched a bunch of 40 year old white people dancing with each other. This is "what happens in vegas..." Sublime was playing, they were all sloppy drunk trying to sort through who is left to go home with. It was pretty boring stuff. This is freaking VEGAS.... I wanted to see real debauchery. Nothing. I have seen more excitement on the southside at 3am in the middle of January. Lamers.


Anyway, I dont really get star struck. However, this was awesome...
Smile Eddy.


5 comments:

Spice said...

You want debauchery!

You should come to MTB weekend at Raystown lake with us. First weekend of November.

More fun than any gay cross race.

Regan Bailey, PhD, MPH, RD said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Regan Bailey, PhD, MPH, RD said...

Spice any night with you is debauchery (in a good way)

Sounds like a great trip all and all

Jason said...

Freaking Eddy man. Lucky.

Bean Recipes said...

Hello mate nice ppost