Tuesday, November 08, 2005

500 miles is a real long drive in a car

Leaving Saturday morning for the race was sweet. This was the Western most MAC race and it was only 3.5 hours away! Mapquest must have a new feature that adds in bathroom breaks cause it said 3.5 hours and that is what it took. Sweet.

Lots of dudes from Pittsburgh at the race, maybe cause it was the GPOA sponsored race. Either way, mad props to big Brian W and Jeff Guy for racing the masters then lining up for the B's 12 minutes after the finish. Totally nuts on a 75 degree day.

I felt like total crapola and thought I folded my wheel when it kicked out and made some crazy noises.

The pro dudes went super crazy fast and a few were bunnyhopping the barriers. Totally nuts.

We left the race with Ruggs following the Kraynicks team car in his truck. John was on Navigation, and his performance was lackluster. I got us there without getting lost once. We made TWO! wrong turns in the first 4 miles leaving the race. Totally cute girls smiled and waved at us on the Skukill express way. That ruled. We hung out late talking about bike racing with Ruggs. Late being 10:30pm.

Sunday AM we had a Jr track world champion cook us oatmeal. That was sweet. John put enough sugar his oatmeal that it covered the whole top of the bowl. Oh wait, he thought it was sugar, but it was SALT. Come on dude. Ruggs bailed before us cause he had to dominate the Masters race, which started earlier than ours.

On the way to the race, I felt sluggish and bought my first redbull. 2 dollars dude. We get to the race... free redbull everywhere. After the race, I win a case of redbull. man. Where is my helmet? Oh wait.. its at the race yesterday on the ground where I left it! Team helmet!!!!!
We watched Ruggs get 4th in a totally hard masters race. Awesome. John suffered from another bike problem, while I just suffered to finish.

The dudes from www.harriscycleryracing.com gave me a sweet Tshirt. Those guys have the second coolest team going.

6.5 hour drive home. I went with the Cafe au Lait. John had his first americano. We also had pancakes from the Key City Diner. The girl brough us an odd amount of syrups and John didnt hesitate to show his greed when he used 3 and left me two. Selfish. Apparently it was a long drive home, I dont know cause I slept for awhile. We tried listening to all 3710 songs on his IPOD on shuffle, but only made it to like 50 before I put the 8 mile sound track on to amp us up.

Nature provided some sweet lightning on the way home. It was all around us, which was cool until we were in the middle of a hail storm. I couldnt see the lines on the road or anything for about 5 minutes. It was seriously crazy. John couldnt handle the Americano and started sweating and getting edgy towards the end of the ride. Awesome weekend.

No comments: