Thursday, August 17, 2006

Shit Luck

Lyrics to the modest mouse song 'shit luck'

This plane is definitely crashing
This boat is obviously sinking
This building's totally burning down
And my, and my (a whole bunch)
And my heart has slowly dried
...

Decided to ride my single speed mountain bike up to Hartwood to do a few loops then head home. I was on my last stretch of singletrack when I hit a brick that was slightly off the path. I go down after hitting my knee off my stem. I get up checking myself out to see if Im ok. I am. I then realize that I have 2 flat tires. sweet. Its ok. I have a tube and a patch kit. I snapped 1 of my tire levers right off the bat. Great. So after using the skewer to take the tire off I managed to rip the valve off of the tube with my pump. Great. 1 tube and 3 patches left and I used the tube and 2 of the patches, everything stuck and got back together ok. I had a bit over an hour ride home, and I wanted nothing more than to be there right then. I managed to get home without another flat...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steevo, Hodos here. I was checking out some of the TT results and knew that you could not have finished third. It bothered Skip and me all weekend. Anyways, I was checking out some of the 10 mile TT times and noticed that the dude that finished first last Friday had an average speed of 26.55 mph for 10 miles and homes number 2 averaged 26.18 mph for 10. You, on the 25 mile TT, averaged 26.21 mph. Nevermind the fact that you passed them, I just see as being numerically impossible for either of them to have beaten you with much slower average times in 10 mile TT. They would have needed to have picked up their pace by 0.5 - 1 mph. I'll buy you a coffee next time you're downtown to make up for it. Nice riding.

Anonymous said...

I like you're style, Dude, but do you have to curse so much?


when are we going to get an update about the rockies?
whiner