Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Growing up.

Ok I got my wheels, which is good. People dont totally suck.

I turned 30 last Friday. That puts me at the age my father was when he had me. That is kind of freaky.

I have taken a job recently where I hang out with kids and fix bikes and ride bikes. According to Amy, they are "a good group." I cant imagine what "a not good group" would be. They are like 12-14 years old, most live in housing projects, and they can get rowdy. On my birthday they guessed that I was 40. Anyway, we are going to finish the summer camp by riding 40 miles and camping on the bike trail. Should be kind of nuts.

Every year at this time I think about how hard I have trained and how I am going faster than I ever have before, but it is still not fast enough. Then I think about how a nice bike tour is in order. Yep.

1 comment:

TerribleTerry said...

applied for a job in pittsburgh. Haven't heard anything yet. I got a 54 Raleigh frame if it helps with your bike building/Kid hanging duties.