Friday, May 18, 2007

The best thing about Cyclocross

Is when you arent in the lead group, unless you are super crazy fast, its not a big deal. That kind of rules. Oh I finished 6:00 down, from Trebon, cool. You finish 6 minutes down in a road race, still trying your hardest, and you feel like you blew it.

All this talk about drugs and cycling brought to my attention Dock Ellis. Pirates pitcher who threw a no hitter in 1970 while tripping on acid. Sweet.

"I was in Los Angeles, and the team was playing in San Diego , but I didn't know it. I had taken LSD..... I thought it was an off-day, that's how come I had it in me. I took the LSD at noon. At 1pm, his girlfriend and trip partner looked at the paper and said, "Dock, you're pitching today."
http://www.sirbacon.org/4membersonly/docellis.htm