Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Dirty Dozen... Throwing things out of windows...

The Dirty Dozen was this weekend. I didnt do the PA state cross champs to instead race up a few hills. If you are not familiar, the DD is a "gentleman's race" up the 13 steepest hills in Pittsburgh. Some of the hills are fairly mind blowing. 181 people registered, and I am sure a few more just went along without signing up (minturn). It was fun riding with people that I rarely see, but I was too blown to make much small talk.
It was created by all around madman Danny Chew and his brother.

I managed to win again this year, in what was one of my hardest fought battles. Babik compared me going into it like the Steelers going into Kansas City. Maybe a little over confident. Young Sam flew home from Boulder and made the race an all day thing, bringing it down to the last hill. Halfway through I almost resigned myself to second place.

In 5 or 6 years, Sam is going to be one of those people that I brag that I once beat. That is...if he doesnt find girls and beer in the next year or two. Seems like he has his head on pretty straight so remember this post when he is the real deal. I am already not looking forward to battling with him next year. dang.

A very old friend was on Canton filming:


Yes, you can go that slow and still win a hill.

3 comments:

Jack Lindquist said...

congrat's steevo! i think zak is going to come back from portland next year as well....

Jason said...

Young Sam will indeed be a force. Watch out Steevo!

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNW57d4NFbo