Thursday, July 10, 2008

So I won a writing contest...

No I didnt apply for a Fulbright, Stubna.

A few months ago, a woman came up to us at a bike race with a petition for building a velodrome in Cleveland. She asked if we could "give support." I said, "I have a lot of support, I have very little money." And that was the truth. A lot of people go out of their way to do things to make the world a better place. A lot of people do this thanklessly. Bike race promoters do a lot of work for very little in return. Actually, it seems most lose money.

Anyway.

I entered the "promote your favorite promoter" contest at cyclocross magazine. I emailed Mr. Hebe today, and in my inability to ever be serious I just said "Hey man, hope you dont mind, I just wanted the brakes." (prize for the contest)
Of course this was total BS. I wrote the article because when I saw it, I could only think of him. The guy puts so much freaking time and energy into it all, he must absolutely love it more than most people can comprehend, or else he wouldnt be doing it any longer. I honestly thought they would get more than one submission about him. Hell, maybe they did.

I cant give much in return for people's efforts. I can give thanks. I can give support.

Thanks Hebe for putting on races.
Thanks cxmagazine.com for picking me and giving me sweet brakes and cables!

Cyclocross Magazine Contest Winners Announced Here

No comments: