Thursday, July 26, 2007

"Its good to be in New Jersey"

I found this video on Youtube. I remember watching in in reruns in the late 80's. Watching it all again, as well as the "decline of the western civilization" clips on youtube, I now realize how over my head they were. I have always said that I am not a fan of performance art, but this is it at its finest.

Background: John Belushi promised fear the soundtrack to his movie, which the producer or somebody in Hollywood said "no" to. Belushi then gets them on Saturday Night Live. Fear and Belushi insist that all of the dancers (Ian Mckay of minor threat/fugazi, Harley Flanagan of The Cro-mags) are a part of the band or whatever and are NEEDED for the show. SNL refuses. Belushi says he will go on air for the first time in years if SNL allows the dancers.

I guess nothing is shocking anymore, but in 81 I bet this was kind of wild.
Youtube SNL

2 comments:

Spice said...

I run the 12-25,always. Campy.

Anonymous said...

one time at band camp......